How to assemble tree craft:
1. Cut your bag multiple times (4 worked best for us) from the opening to around 2/3s into the bag.
2. Twist the strips of bag together til they look like branches.
3. Twist the base of the bag until it resembles the truck of the tree.
4. Cut leave out of the template or out of construction paper.
5. Encourage your little one to think of things that trees produce and write them on the back of your leaves.
6. Glue the leaves on to the tree branches and decorate!
7. Go over the parts of the tree with your little one: Crown, Branches, Leaves, Trunk, Base, and Roots. Consider all the things trees do for our world!
Stef Glass is the Education Coordinator for Keep Chadron Beautiful. She graduated from Chadron State College with her BA in English Literature and minors in History and Creative Writing in May of 2018.